Saturday, April 30, 2016

April Challenge Recap


I really gravitated to the soft soothing colors of this month's challenge painting, Jacob's Ladder by Helen Frankenthaler. I had to think about why I liked this so...and I realized that these colors really remind me of my mother, who just celebrated her 70th birthday last week! I got to spend the afternoon with her, bringing her a cake to have for dinner and seeing the flowers we sent.

Visiting my beautiful mother Gail on her 70th birthday
I know that she would have loved this piece of art, not only for the color palette (that were well represented in her clothes closet), but because she was an art history major in college. I guess I get my love of art from her! The soft sages and the juicy peach and earthy terra cotta on the sun dappled beige background are so delicately refreshing, much like the gently warming sun and the cool breezes of this season. I hope you enjoyed this month's challenge as much as I did! Let's see what you did!
 

If you have a blog post of your own, please add that to the InLinkz below.

Get the InLinkz code for your blog! 

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

It's a really beautiful painting and such a strikingly unusual colour scheme. I must try and get involved with next month's challenge!

Leona said...

Nice job everyone, I am inspired all over again. I have some half finished beads on my table - I will have to get them done AND do something for next month's challenge.

Leona

Malin de Koning said...

A lovely painting! And what a lovely film display of all the beautiful lovely jewelry made. I dito what Rebecca said, I must try and get involved with next month's challenge. It's been a while since last time for me. Thanks for all the inspiration!