Thursday, February 20, 2014

Art Bead Palette :: BeadSwedeSupplies

Small Yellow and Orange Enameled Bracelet Bar Clasp with Copper Wire Hook


Water Blue and Yellow Enameled Bracelet Bar Toggle Clasp with Argentium Sterling Silver Wire Toggle

Yellows Ombre Enameled Bracelet Bar Toggle Clasp with Argentium Sterling Silver Wire Toggle


Okay, how fun are these enameled clasps from Kristen Varian? I've long admired the enameling skills of others, and these would be a lovely pop of color on a bracelet or necklace!

I'm totally guilty of using a simple lobster claw clasp on my own work. I spend so much time focusing on the design of everything else, that I forget to really think about how a clasp could be incorporated into the design. With clasps like these, though, they absolutely demand to be a part, if not the focus, of a design! Don't you think?

You can see more of Kristen's work in her Etsy shop, BeadSwedeSupplies.


2 comments:

Kristen said...

I subscribe to your blog, Brandi, and I love to study your color palettes so seeing some of my clasps broken down into pallets is sooo exciting. Thanks so much!!

Brandi Hussey said...

Aw, hey, Kristen! Thanks for following my blog, and thanks for such beautiful colors - you make my job easy!