Monday, December 10, 2012

On the 3rd Day of Christmas: Whoville Shooting Stars

Jennifer Heynen of Jangles makes the brightest and most adorable ceramic buttons and beads. I find her energy and enthusiasm contagious. Every year I can't help but buy something from her cheery booth at the Bead & Button show. While she sells the beads separately, I am always sucked in by kits and groupings. She sells something she calls Inspiration Kits. I think I may have depleted her supply at the show ;-) If you have never visited Jennifer's world, I encourage you to check her out.

{Get your stars at Jangles.net}


I came across one such kit that had several of her ceramic stars and some funky sputnik glass beads. Miss Jennifer is fond of bright colors: lime, turquoise, orange, red, really any color in the crayon box! Her work has a playful quality and a funkiness that I love, much like my favorite author Dr. Seuss.


We have been watching the Grinch Who Stole Christmas which is one of my favorite animated holiday shows. These stars looked like they would be right at home shooting across the night sky in Seuss' world. You can make them, too, in 5 easy steps! (I used 20 gauge craft wire in fun colors but you could use whatever you have on hand.)

I made these Whoville Shooting Stars to give poor ol' Max the beagle turned reindeer something to guide his way. But they would look equally as cute on your tree or adorning a package, don't you think?


 What is your favorite holiday cartoon?

8 comments:

Angel Whisperer said...

When I click on this months challenge I still open up nov painting ??

Jennifer Jangles said...

Erin those are adorable! I love them and they could be used any time of the year.

SummersStudio said...

Perfect and adorable. I love that movie!

Becky Pancake said...

Very cute.

baymoondesign said...

Very cute!, I am a Peanuts fan.

Unknown said...

How delightful! Thanks for the tutorial.

Anonymous said...

What a totally cool ornament! Our family is a very "grinchy" family. Love that show.

Cindy said...

Erin, your ornaments are really great.... love how you actually created shooting stars, talk about creative!! And the photography is so crisp!