Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Inspired by Nature Jewelry Challenge Reveal


Last month I put out a call for participants for an Inspired by Nature Jewelry Challenge.  I picked 10 winners to join in the fun and after a little post Bead & Button delay the packages were sent out, filled with inspiration.

In my book, Jewelry Designs from Nature, I talk about how beads and poetry can go together. Inspiring new creations from the poetic symbols and phrases of poetry was center of my challenge.  The packets focused on the themes found in my book: woodlands, garden and sea.  This challenge is to celebrate my book that is now available in Hobby Lobby and Michael's across the country!

Here are the packets that I sent out to the winners.  It included a poem, photo and a bead.  (Photo by Lisa Cone)  You can see all of the poems and photos I sent out on my blog today.
Designer Tips:
  • Mix gold with brass metals to symbolize the change of the seasons.
  • Add in charms and pendants with leaves and trees.
  • Combine monochromatic tones of gold and light green in stones, glass and ceramic beads.  
  • Wrap wire to create entwined textures.

Here is a bracelet I designed inspired by Robert Frost's poem using gold and green hues in a floral design.  I focused on using gold and brass tone metals for warmth, the chain has tiny leaf links, my focal is a golden and green willow design.  The tiny jump rings are embellished with little green seed beads and gold colored brass tiny faceted beads.

And now on to the wonderful results from our participants!

Lisa Cone
Cece Comier
Amy Severino
Shelby Foxwell
Alicia Marinache 
Keirsten Giles
Marlene Brady
Marlene Cupo
Sharon Palac

Unfortunately one package didn't arrive at it's destination.  I would still like you to visit  Shelley Graham Turner's blog today.  It's her birthday and she is a polymer clay bead artist, she is hosting a fun blog hop today and recently participated in Erin Prais-Hintz's Simple Truth's Blog Hop.

Don't forget to head on over to my blog today for more inspiration and feel free to play along if you'd like.  

2 comments:

ubidor buy said...

I personally prefer nature jewelry as its easy to carry and always in trend i usually go for bidz to get these.

firepress said...

Nature jewelry fashion never ends its for generations.Thanks for sharing the knowledge through these posts. Black ceramic chanel J12 watch